Sunday, December 7, 2008

Road Trip



So like I said before, we left the Friday after Thanksgiving to venture up to Cadillac, Michigan with Scott's parents and brother. I felt very aprehensive due to the length of the trip and Camryn does Not enjoy riding in her car seat. Well, she surprised me. We made it there and back with little difficulty. However, the way there was shortened considering we started out at Uncle Brent's in Chicago. The way back home started at 9:3o am and lasted until 6:30 pm (there were a couple of breaks . . . lunch and picking up Toro from Aunt Amy's).


I am not sure if Camryn's idea of fun was going to all the wine tastings, but mom and dad sure did enjoy themselves.

(disclaimer - all the pictures taken in this post were done by dad)
Besides being able to play with Grandma and Grandpa Nicholson, Camryn learned a thing or two from cousin Devon as she started saying "da, da, da" on the trip.
At daycare, she now claps for anyone that says "Da, da, da." I don't know if we have to take her back to Devon to learn any other sounds, I can wait for "ma, ma." At least right now I can tell Scott she is calling him when she wakes in the middle of the night (unfortunately she just cries though it would be great if she said "da, da, da" so Scott would really have to get up).

No comments: