Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baptism






We had Camryn baptized at Augie Chapel on October 26. It was great to see our family drive the three hours out and our friends out here to celebrate the day with us. Not that I am biased or anything but it probably was my favorite baptism.




Pastor Priggie invited the whole congregation to gather around the baptismal font. I thought is was a great way for everyone to participate and share in the day and be connected instead of causal observers.


My sister, Amy, and Scott's brother, Brent, are her sponsors. It was a tough decision but I know they will help guide Camryn towards the right path. (By the way, I think the baptismal hats are ridiculous . . . just look at that picture . . . it makes her head look gigantic).


Everyone came back to our new house to celebrate (I know, I know, I will have to put up pictures of the house but that means it has to be clean enough to be picture worthy and I have a full-time job). It was nice having our first celebration in the new house, made it feel like a home.




In addition, Camryn met Grandpa Don for the first time. She did not show any fear, which may be unusual with my Dad or maybe it is because he is starting to look like Santa Claus with the greying beard and hair (sorry Dad if you are reading this).





















No comments: