Wednesday, November 12, 2008

7 Month Peanut




Height: 25 inches

Weight: 15 pounds


So it is official even though she seems big to Dad and I, Camryn is in only the 25th percentile for height and weight. The doctor said I should be giving her more baby food but you cannot give a baby more food if she does not want it. It isn't like I'm starving her. Besides I feel most of the baby food she takes in just comes out the other end. Really if you look her diaper it looks almost like it went in. I know she is getting enough to eat, besides during the first year it is milk that is important. I know when I start weaning her (I'm hoping she will self wean. Every time I hear/think of wean I think of piglets). Daycare even said the same thing. If she eats breakfast she does not each lunch and vice versa. Oh well, we have a peanut.


The one thing Camryn cannot get enough of in her 7th month are the Gerber puffs. I cannot put her in her high chair without her expecting to be rewarded with puffs. The other day she was in her chair at the corner of the table and the puffs container was on the table. I do not know how she attempted this feet but she reached her little hand past the tray on her chair and grabbed for the puff jar. Boy did she get mad when she could not actually obtain any puffs until I opened the container for her.


Another accomplishment for Camryn in this month is pulling to stand. The doctor said she did it a little early around 6 1/2 months but we aren't worried. I was a little disappointed for awhile that she did not pull to stand in her crib but I probably do not let her cry long enough to provoke her to stand. I will eventually and then I will snap a picture.


I do have to say as she is becoming more mobile the difficulty level is increasing in taking her picture. I guess that is why the digital camera has a shoot and select mode with children on it.
We did find a new daycare (I didn't mention that) that we love. It is a mom and daughter and they have about 10 children all together. Camryn made friends with a younger boy, Derrick. She becomes very jealous when Carrie picks him up but not Camryn . . . hmmm . . . what is Camryn going to do if she ever gets a sibiling.
We are still cloth diapering and we (I really should say I) have fallen into a routine that isn't too much of a hassle with washing and drying. I cannot even tell you how much money the diapers saved us. I really am used to her bubble butt. Though my friend Alice showed me a picture of her in cloth diapers and Camryn looks quite lithe compared to Alice's diapers.

No comments: