Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Well like any holiday we were busy but it wouldn't be a holiday without family (thank you all for reminding me).

We spent Friday and Saturday with Family Nicholson. Camryn participated in her first Easter Egg Hunt. She required a lot of coaxing but finally showed some interest. She would find an egg put it in her basket then take it out again then put it in. I think she had more fun finding the eggs to put in her basket for the sole purpose of dumping them out again.

We had a lovely supper with way too much food Saturday afternoon. I was still full come Sunday morning. (I should have taken a picture of the spread). Uncle Chuck and Aunt Brenda joined us from Wisconsin. It was great to see them and we appreciated them making the drive down.

(I was really bad at taking pictures this weekend. That is the problem with being the designated family photographer if you want to participate and enjoy the events that sort of limits your ability to take pictures. I guess that is why you higher a photographer for big events).



We headed out late Saturday afternoon so we could make it to Aunt Samantha's big 13th birthday dinner. I enjoyed the ice cream cake even though I was still full from lunch. Camryn enjoyed her first taste of pierogies.

Easter morning came and Camryn was the first one up so she woke up her Aunt Sam and Uncle Trace and Cousins Zach and Christian. She received even more puffs (seriously guys she can eat real food now)! We then went to the traditional Easter breakfast served at my family's church. There is nothing better than your younger sister serving you and your parents cooking breakfast for you.

We headed over early to Great Grandma Linda's & Grandpa Bob's since we knew we had to leave earlier. Camryn quickly viewed the turkeys Great Grandpa is raising (I don't know what he plans on doing with them all). Camryn was able to hang out with her other cousins: Olivia, Devon & Bella. Devon wanted nothing to do with Camryn but Camryn tried her best moves to kiss him to now avail.

Camryn participated in her second easter egg hunt and still had little interest but I think the first prepped her for what was to come so she indulged mom and dad. (I think it helped that dad showed her where all the eggs were hidden).


We ended our day with our crazy family tradition of the "spanking machine" in honor of Aunt Sam's and Cousin Carmen's birthdays. Carmen does the spanking machine appropriately whereas my lovely sister takes out her poor brother (I truly felt sorry for him after watching the video).

No comments: