Sunday, December 5, 2010

2 Months

From Evan
21 inches 10 pounds

In his first two months he experienced: 2 holidays, 1 wedding and his first illness.  Our children always decide to contract an illness during the holidays.  Evan had bronchiolitis.  Cam never had an illness except for an ear infection after she was one year old.  So Evan being sick at 6 1/2 weeks just broke my heart every time he coughed.  Then his voice grew hoarse and his heart-break level went up with every cry.  On a positive note, his sickness made me realize how much I love our new doctor.  I switched pediatricians after Cam broke her leg because her pediatrician never gave a follow-up call after I called in and requested an orthopedic referral.  Our new pediatrician called me two times after our visit with Evan.

Looking forward, Evan will experience his first day of daycare on Tuesday and I go back to work on Monday.  I was apprehensive about it at first but those fears have been alleviated.  Evan demonstrated that with a push and a shove he will drink a bottle.  (Oh I forgot to mention Scott will have both Cam and Evan all by himself on Monday; maybe I should still be apprehensive).

From Evan

No comments: