Sunday, February 1, 2009

Christmas Part 4


Finally, after the holiday rush we were able to make the trek up to Wisconsin to visit Scott's extended family for the first time since Camryn entered our world. Great-Grandma Nicholson was thrilled to see Cam. Whenever Camryn traveled out of view, Great-grandma needed to see her and make sure Cam was still there. Great-grandma was willing to share her chocolates with Camryn.
Scott was treated to a preview of what is to come with his cousin's 2 1/2 year-old daughter, Isabella. She was a bundle of energy that just kept going. Scott was amazed by this. I deal with this everyday at work so it came as no surprise to me. (Sometimes, ok most of the time, I don't think Scott knows how exhausting my job can be. Typically, my days consist of dealing with energizer bunnies who don't want to talk and I want them to).

The next day we visited the Wagner side of the family. Camryn enjoyed Uncle Chuck and Aunt Brenda's house for the fact that it had plenty of ledges to pull herself up on. In addition, all of those ledges had something to pull off of them.

While we do enjoy visiting family traveling with a small child is not fun. Camryn's breaking point generally sets in at about 3 hours. I know we are blessed that it is even that long. I do not enjoy all of the packing that has to be done when we travel. I can handle the clothes. The bigger obstacle is the food.

We started on some table foods but are limited by Camryn's lack of teeth. Not to mention the fact that she is trying to be a picky eater. Pretty much anything orange is ok (except for carrots) and definitely not anything green. That was one advantage of breastfeeding! We never had to worry if we would have enough food or if she was going to like it. Camryn's favorite food (besides puffs, but I don't count that as food) is yogurt. Even when she had the bad stomach bug over Christmas she would not give up her yogurt.

No comments: