Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy 6 Months

6 Month Stats

25 1/2 inches
13.6 pounds*












6 months passed since Camryn entered this world and believe me I know. A neighbor said what most people say, "It goes by fast," but I don't feel that time is passing in super speed. Maybe it is because I look forward to all of her other milestones she will be achieving in the future. I am not one to dwell on the past too much. I do not want her to be a newborn again; however, I cannot believe she was only 19 1/2 inches long and 7 1/2 pounds at one time.

We have officially started baby food. I am attempting to make my own. So far Camryn enjoys sweet potato and peas. However, we trialed my homemade peas and she did not appear to enjoy them as much as the single jar I bought. I chalk this up to a texture issue. In addition, she did not enjoy the applesauce I made. After some reading it appears that babies are predisposed to liking sweet flavors and the applesauce I made was slightly tart.


Over the weekend we visited the Chicago Botanical Gardens. Camryn enjoyed her time there and I am assuming attempted to help spread seed by pulling on every plant she could grab. It was a good thing no gardeners were near. She enjoys pulling anything she places her tiny hands on: grass, leaves, flowers, etc. More often than not, true to most babies, what ends up in her hands ends up in her mouth. She enjoyed looking at all the flowers so much that she did not take her usual nap.

She is becoming so inquisitive and wants to sit and watch everything that is happening. While I enjoy this inquisitiveness, I do not enjoy it when she nursing. But I will tolerate it. It seems just the other day she learned to alter her vocal pitch. We laugh at her every time we hear her higher pitched squeal.


In addition, Camryn experienced her first taste of football. We were able to catch cousin Zach's football game. Camryn did not appear very interested. Watching the football game made me glad I had a girl instead of a boy. While I am all of equality of the sexes I am not sure I would enter my son, if we ever have one, in tackle football. Cousin Zach played well and for the most part the game was amusing to watch. But the bumps and scrapes pale in comparison to the crazy and competitive parents.

While we all know Camryn's heart is for the Bears, we decided to be nice to Grandma and Grandpa Hamil.

No comments: